Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ruth in Action- Krivoy Rog, Ukraine


Memories of our time in the Ukraine linger, creating a longing to return. While Bob worked on the rehab centre, Margaret and I spoke, taught and gleaned many treasures of wisdom from women and men in that area.

Church of Praise- Pastors Conference- November 24- 25
Margaret Gibb and Brian Egert- keynote speakers



At the beginning of each session, I shared my love for memorizing and a few tips that I have found helpful.


Below: Anya, my translator interprets my recitation of Psalm 8.


Giving instruction to the conference participants. The goal: to collectively recite the nine verses of the Psalm using their own creative ideas.






A bag of oranges provides an illustration. Ask me "what?"




The second day at the Pastors conference. Rejoicing filled the room as all joined in to recite, "Oh Lord, our Lord, How majestic is your name in all the earth." Joy erupts on each face as the task is completed.

The above picture was taken before renovations began. Over one hundred twenty-two churches have birthed from this mother church.


I have been extremely blessed with this privilege of encouraging the 'hiding of God's word in one's heart'. The response from Ukrainians is overwhelming.


Check out this group of women practicing the Psalm. Let me know your thoughts.



Enjoying the journey!

Ruth

Stop by again very soon for more action in Ukraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment