Sunday, February 19, 2012

Plastic Bag Treasures


John walks towards me and offers me a plastic bag."Here are your books," he said, as he stopped beside me at the back of the church. "Oh, thank you, John. This is wonderful!"
Although I know he is bringing me my first copies of Woman of Worth, translated into Chinese, I am not prepared for the sense of God's power engulfing me as I reach in the grocery sack. I pull out a single, small, pink book. My heart rate soars as I turn each page. I envision women half a world away gripping the freshly printed words, reading life-giving truths that affirm them, that speak of purpose and the presence of God- for   them. The tears fall. 
 My mind fills with memories of God's love as He directed my steps, while writing of ways He participates in my life according to Psalm 139. My life is changed, transformed by the power of His word. 


And now, this copy that I hold in my trembling hand represents over thirty-thousand more that are printed and distributed to Chinese women. They need to know how much God loves them. According to  the  practice used there, at least five women will read each copy; that's one hundred fifty-thousand women who will read the words God compelled me to put down on paper.



I just want to impact women with the truth of their value according to God's view of them. 
God's plan far exceeds mine.


John and Chris are a vital part of the growth of my ministry. God brought them into my life for such a time as this.
To hear my Words To Inspire interview with John and his work in China,  click on the address below and the link will appear. Takes you right to the audio feed.





There is no one like our GOD!

Keep watching. There is so much more to come. I'd love to hear from you. 




Greater things are yet to come,
Greater things are yet to be done in this city






1 comment: